Hope for the Orphans
Dads, November is National Adoption Month – a great chance to take lead in this area. Here are just a few suggestions:
- Listen to Family Life’s special broadcasts on adoption – click here
- Initiate conversation with your wife about adoption and your possible calling to adopt or support adoption. Ask how her heart is doing.
- Pray together about adoption and for those currently in the process who are waiting, longing, trusting the Lord.
- Talk to your children about adoption.
- Celebrate your adopted children’s adoption.
- Read a book about adoption like Fields of the Fatherless.
- Listen to Piper preach on adoption.
- Consider donating financially to help a Christian couple adopt through a no-interest loan. More info here.
- Do a Biblical study of adoption and pray about how you will live out passages like James 1:27.
- Go oversees and visit an orphanage or talk to your local Children’s Home Society or Department of Social Services about the orphans in your backyard.
I would love to hear any other ways we dad’s can lead our families in this area for the glory of God and the good of the children.